Thánh Ca Dân Chúa
Learn more »
The first to include English and bilingual songs
Many parishes in the U.S. and Canada have multicultural assemblies with significant numbers of Vietnamese speakers, but lack the resources to properly worship in Vietnamese. Finally there's a hymnal that celebrates the rich cultural and spiritual heritage of the Vietnamese Catholic community!
Provides chords for accompaniment and selected choral parts
A groundbreaking resource, Thánh Ca Dân Chúa (Hymnal of God's People) is the first Vietnamese hymnal to contain popular English songs for worship, chords for accompaniment, selected choral parts, the newly approved Vietnamese Order of Mass, and more.
Beautifully designed, expertly compiled and affordable
Beautifully designed, expertly compiled and affordable, Thánh Ca Dân Chúa provides all the hymns, songs and service music needed for liturgies in Vietnamese and bilingual liturgies in English and Vietnamese.
- More than 450 hymns, songs and service music titles
- Over 300 traditional and recently composed Vietnamese hymns
- More than 50 responsorial psalms -- unique to any Vietnamese hymnal!
- Over 30 English songs with Vietnamese translation and English texts, including many traditional hymns
- More than 55 English songs from Breaking Bread and Spirit & Song 1 and 2
- Two Mass settings in Vietnamese
- Music from over 100 different Vietnamese composers, including Kim Long, Nguyễn Duy, Xuân Thảo, Cát Minh, Phanxicô, Mi Trầm, and Thành Tâm
- Songs by Bernadette Farrell, Bob Hurd, Dan Schutte, and other favorite English-language composers
- Created with input from experts in Vietnam and Vietnamese-American composers, choir directors and liturgists, giving it accuracy and integrity far exceeding that of any other Vietnamese hymnal
- Copyright information for every song, thus guaranteeing proper (and long overdue) compensation (royalties) and credit for the Vietnamese composers—unique to any Vietnamese hymnal!
- Pew book also serves as accompaniment resource—chords for guitar or keyboard improvisation included above the melody